A big thank you to innerramblingsblvd for the nomination! They are a couple of ghost writers whose work ranges from musical to erotica. They post lots of videos and the writing is always so meaningful. They are staunch supporters of their followers and never fail to comment with heartfelt and encouraging responses. If you don’t already follow them, give them a look.
These are their questions for me:
1. What was the scariest moment in your life?
I would have to say when I had to meet with a drug dealer in the middle of the woods because the Loser puppet told me to get his computer back and he didn’t care how I did it. (My son sold it.)
2. What or who inspires your writing?
3. How have you overcome writers’ block?
I just don’t write for a while.
4. Are you published? Would you like to be published?
5. What do you think is your best poem or poetry?
Maybe “A Short Story” but I don’t consider anything I write as being very good.
6. What is your favorite novel?
I don’t have one.
7. If you could meet an author, who would you meet?
I’ve met Robert Penn Warren but only because he was one of the Loser puppets’ favorite authors. Not being a reader, I don’t have an answer.
8. If you were trapped on an island, what three items would you have?
Water, a compass and a raft.
9. What is one thing in the world you’d like to change?
10. How long have you been writing?
I’ve been blogging almost a year.
Thank the person who nominated you and post a link to their blog.
Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you.
Display the award on your blog post.
Provide 10 random facts about yourself.
Nominate 5-11 bloggers that you feel deserve the award and notify them that they have been nominated.
Ask them to answer ten questions.
Ten Random Facts About Me:
1. I always wear a gold St. Jude (the patron saint of lost causes) pendant around my neck.
2. I have no discernible wrinkles on my forehead…a trait I got from my mama. At eighty, she didn’t
have a single wrinkle on her forehead.
3. I can raise both of my eyebrows (ala Scarlett O’Hara) alternately. I used to entertain my
children and they would try and try to do it but none of them have ever been able to. I have never
met anybody else who could do it either.
4. When I give up something, I give it up. I used to drink 3 or 4 pots of coffee every day. About ten years ago, I decided to stop. I used to drink 8 or 9 gallons of milk a week. Three years ago, I decided I was going to stop. I have never even had a sip since. I never miss what I give up. I never have any kind of withdrawal. It’s another quality that people “admire” and also think makes me “crazy.” (“Nobody says I’m quitting something and just does it. That’s crazy.”)
5. I can tie a knot in a cherry stem with my tongue.
6. I know a pressure point that can disable or kill you using only my thumb. (Learned in EMS and no, I will not tell you.)
7. I despise cooking, although I used to be a pretty good one. I find the idea right on up there with sticking forks in my eyes.
8. If I had a choice of a sunny day or a rainy day, I would pick the latter. I have always loved rainy days.
9. I have a younger sister who I have only seen five times in the last 61 years.
10. I once worked for the telephone company as an information operator. Back then, we literally used a phone book to look up numbers.
My questions are the same questions that were asked of me.
Since so many bloggers are award free, I tend to nominate the few who still accept awards. Also, the Leibster Award is for bloggers with less than 200 followers. I have surpassed that number (many thanks to my followers) and some of my nominees have, I’m sure but not all have the number posted.
My nominees are: