A big thank you to Jocelyn at shewhohears/aspiritualwanderersperspective for the nomination. “Joss” is a woman who has struggled with homelessness and addiction. She is open and honest when she writes about her struggles and her determination to make a better world for herself. It is heartbreaking but also inspiring. If you don’t already follow her, give her a read.
1. Display the award on a post.
2. Thank the person who nominated you.
3. Share 7-15 facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 9-15 bloggers for the award.
Facts About Me:
1. I was diagnosed with an almost perfect eidetic memory. (Had I honed it, I might could be working for…I don’t know…somebody who gives a shit?)
2. My ring finger is longer than my index finger on both hands, which supposedly means that I am charming, pragmatic, incredibly compassionate, an excellent problem solver and I would make a great engineer, soldier or CEO.
It says if you are none of those, it may be time to re-evaluate. (What the fuck does that mean? Chop off the tips of my fingers?)
3. The older I get, the better my eyesight gets. (Now, if everything else begins to regenerate, you may have to start calling me Benjameena Button.)
4. I had natural childbirth with all four of my children. I never screamed once but I was screamed at and admonished for asking for a sip of water. (If I could do it all over, I would say “bring me some drugs and while you’re at it….tell that piece of shit asshole to get the fuck out of here.”)
5. People have looked at me and said “you don’t have a mean bone in your body, do you?” (True…but if you betray me or fuck with one of my children, I will tell you to be afraid. Be VERY afraid.)
6. I have been told that I would be an excellent investigative reporter or an undercover police officer. (I can go from my sweet Southern Belle “I have always relied upon the kindness of strangers” to a badass who will say “I will drop you where you fucking stand.”)
7. I had Scarlet Fever when I was a child, which went untreated and consequently damaged my heart. I now suffer from SVT. (Hey. After having being damaged and broken so many times, if my poor little heart can still beat 220 times a minute, I know I’m not dead.)
8. I love to walk through The Home Depot and Lowes’. I also love it when some little snot-nosed guy asks where my husband is, if I have a question. (“See this chainsaw, Jack? I know how to crank it and I know how to use it. If you ask me that again, I am going to cut off all the protruding parts of your body and that includes that itty bitty thing in your pants.”)
9. I love potted meat, although I don’t eat it anymore. It was one of the few “meats” that my grandparents could afford. (For those of you who don’t know what it is, I think it’s made from frog hairs, fish eyes, chicken beaks and discarded penis foreskin. Yum.)
10. When I was born, the doctor told my mama and daddy that they had a ten pound baby boy. (Since I’m a girl, could it be possible that when the circumcision was being performed, the scalpel slipped? Hey. Maybe my little dingy ended up in a can of potted meat.)
I nominate anybody who would like to participate.