I’ve been following a couple of bloggers who have tried or are trying the dating sites. I decided I would give it a shot, just to see what kind of responses (if any) I would get. I wanted to “play.”
On my “profile” I was specific about what I was looking for, such as:
“If your idea of a date is going to a bar, shooting pool and drinking until closing time, you are not for me.”
“If you sleep with your pets, you are not for me.”
“If you are a beach person, you are not for me.”
“If you spend most of your time on a motorcycle or watching races, you are not for me.”
“If you are not at least six feet tall, you are not for me.”
“If you live hand to mouth, you are not for me.”
“If you are looking for a wife, I am not for you.”
“If you are not educated, you are not for me.
I tried to make myself look as much like a snob as I possibly could. I wanted to see if anybody who responded could actually read. I thought I might get one or two responses, questioning my position as “queen.”
I had a meeting with my CPA and when I got back home, I had 18 messages.
Some of them were as follows:
- “I’m 5’10” which rounds off to 6′.” ( He has a motorcycle shop.)
- “I’m 5’7” but I can wear cowboy boots. Looking forward to meeting you, sweetie.”
- “I’m not a beach person either….at least not Myrtle Beach….I love the other ones.” (Which is it? Don’t care for them or love them?)
- “I love your face. It’s beautiful.” (this guy is 5’6″)
- “Damn girl! Are you really 65?” (girl and really was misspelled.)
- One of them left no message…just a picture of himself…shirtless.
- Ones’ name is the same as Losers. Losers’ WTC didn’t seem to mind that he had the same name as her ex. Loser didn’t seem to mind that I had the same name as his first
- Another picture of a shirtless man. (it took me a while to figure out that I was looking at his nipples.)
- One more message from a man with the same name as Loser….he’s 5’10”. I swear, he says he’s “highly educated” but apparently he can’t read, either.
- This one says he “loves my honesty” then tells me he’d like to take me on a motorcycle ride across the country. Maybe I should be honest and say “um…can you read?”
I’m not going to check any more of them today. They’re coming in faster than I can click on them.
I’ll probably only do this for a few days. So far, I don’t know if it’s more hilarious or…..just plain sad.